Join our elite service team at our Broadway location. This is a full-time, permanent position.
The goal of the workshop at Bicicletta is to provide superlative service and support to complement our expansive range of road and mountain bike products. We are rapidly expanding both our bike brand selection and our ability to cater to the needs of riders around the world. Bicicletta strives to expand the definition of what a “bike shop” can be. We do this by continually refining how we deliver premier products with a first-class level of service and support. Successful mechanics in the workshop here are committed to the integrity of the work, and maintaining the trust and confidence of our clients, partners, and fellow team members.
We are looking for mechanics of all levels to expand our workshop’s capabilities. Wages will be proportionate to experience and ability. Some of our mechanics specialize in road or mountain bikes specifically, while others are multi-disciplinary experts. Please note your preference and experience in your application if you fall into one of the above categories.
Day-to-day functions include:
- Building and servicing high-end road and/or mountain bikes.
- Coordinating projects with our customers, fitters and sales team; making notes.
- Maintaining a clean and professional workshop.
- Identifying and processing warranty issues.
- Packing bikes for shipment worldwide.
- Learning about all facets of bike technology and industry. A growth mindset is a must.
In addition to having a passion for cycling, candidates with the following skills and experience will be prioritized:
- Basic to advanced mechanical knowledge and competency.
- Bike workshop experience: all levels will be considered. Ideally 3 years experience.
- You’re the type of person that reads the manual.
- Knowledge of - and experience working with
- electronic drivetrains
- hydraulic brake systems
- all types of suspension systems
- manufacturers’ resources including online schools, catalogues and references
Successful applicants will be required to complete a trial shift to demonstrate applicable abilities.
All staff and customers are required to wear masks at this time, while observing social distancing guidelines. We will continue to update our covid policies as recommended by public health professionals.
Wages/Hours: $17-$25/hr; 37.5 hours/week. Location: 233 W Broadway, Vancouver, BC
Please reply with a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com