Evil Wreckoning LS SRAM GX Eagle i9 Hydra
- Low stock - 1 item left
- Inventory on the way
Blur the trail.
The Wreckoning LS has nudged the limits of balance and grip, vetted by racers and weekend rippers alike. This is the bike you'll find "too fast for me" with. The platform for lapping extra gnarly descents that offers a cozy pedaling position on the next climb. Even the best machines can be improved, augmented, and better shred-prepped. What's been lightly salted? Evil found a few dark elements to crank up the Wreckoning’s trail hungry appetite. Alongside a pair of limited-edition color options, they've added SRAM's UDH derailleur hanger that's easily found at your local bike shop. If the tiny backwoods bike shop has any modern hanger in stock, it'll be this one.
Trails and trees are always better than greasy garages, and Evil engineers aim to reduce your wrenching time. They've heard the battle cries over trunnion shock spacers and responded by capturing them in the linkage, so you no longer have to fiddle and fumble when installing shocks. To frost this soil-slashing rig, Evil will offer lifetime bearing warranty for Wreckoning LS frames. Original owners can register their bikes on the Evil website. See our warranty site for more details to keep those pivots silky smooth.
In classic Evil fashion, Evil didn't pigeonhole the bike into a particular riding style. Despite its DH-plow appearance, the Wreckoning maintains a balanced acumen to suit gas-to-flat park rats and checkers-or-wreckers racers alike. With 166mm at the rutter and 170mm below the bars, it'll smash Strava records and rocks alike, while the 430mm chainstays keep the bike lively and lofty whenever asked. At 65.2° in Low mode, the headtube is sloped for a dialed feel on any track, with the option of 64.6° in X-Low if your trails are more fall line than not. Find yourself wanting even more? Throw a dual-crown up front and push your bounds of shred.
Evil engineer, Dave Weagle, conceived the Wreckoning by borrowing the pedal-friendly pop of the Following and Offering, and dialing it in with a legacy downhill heritage like only he can. To achieve a complementary climbing ability for this leg-powered DH bike, the leverage curve is optimized, starting with the high-end leverage to maintain that supple, efficient pedaling feel we all love so much. As the leverage decreases slowly through the mid stroke it provides a mountain of support to push against while the end stroke sees the lowest leverage, offering maximum support to pull through and pop back.
Soft and plush is all good, but anyone who's been neck deep in a rowdy, rock-strewn chute knows the value of stiffness in the right places. To increase rigidity the Wreckoning utilizes a 157mm Super Boost rear end. Add in the unified rear triangle and wider main pivot to ensure a firm AF frame when the going gets sideways. The remaining details include all the dark matter that lives in each of our creations: full internal cable routing, an integrated chain guide, and rubber sound-cancelling chain stay protectors.
- UDH Compatible: Slap it sideways against a stump? All Lightly Salted models feature UDH hangers, easily replaced at your local shop.
- Integrated trunnion spacers: Our Trunnion shock spacers are captured in the DELTA links so you can spend less time faffing while installing a shock and more time ripping trails.
- Mistake eaters: 170mm fork and 166mm rear travel with a 205x65 shock for hurting rocks. The Wrecker’s got your back when you botch the line or landing.
- Wheelie short chainstays: Make Bikes Shred Again. Short 430mm chain stays mean wheelies for days and manuals for months.
- Pedal forward geometry: Our sacred geo combines pedal prowess with corner slaying traction. Pedal friendly 77° seat tube angle paired with a 23mm bottom bracket drop.
- Super boost spacing: Stiffer in all of the right places with 157mm axle spacing and a wider main pivot making up the unified one-piece rear triangle.
- Adjustable geometry: Flip yo' Chips! Choose LOW mode for everyday trail-slaying geometry, or flip to XLOW mode for a gravity-fed, park eating ride.
- Integrated sag meter: Dial in sag on your shred happy sled with this quick meter that hits right at the 30% mark.
- Calm and collected: A rubber sound canceling chainstay protector and an integrated chain guide keep the drivetrain silent and deadly.
- Integrated cable routing: Ditch those archaic zip ties. Fully guided internal routing for clean looks, easy installation, and worry-free maintenance.
|Frame material:||UD Carbon|
|Fork:||Rockshox ZEB Ultimate, Charger 2.1 RC2, 170mm Travel, 44mm Offset|
|Shock:||Rockshox Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate, Trunnion 205x65, ML 320|
|Groupset:||SRAM GX Eagle|
|Wheelset:||Industry Nine Enduro S Hydra Internal Width: 30.5mm, Hub: 110x15mm / 157x12mm|
|Tires:||Maxxis Minion DHF EXO TR, 29x2.5 / Maxxis Minion DHR EXO TR, 29x2.3|
|Brakes:||SRAM G2 RS|
|Rotors:||SRAM Center Line, (F) 200mm (R) 180mm|
|Headset:||Cane Creek 40 Series ZS|
|Stem:||Evil 12 Gauge, Clamp: 35mm, Length: 35mm|
|Handlebar:||Evil Boomstick 7075 Alloy, Backsweep: 8°, Upsweep: 5° Clamp:35mm, Rise: 35mm, Width: 810mm|
|Grips:||Evil Palmela Handerson lock-on|
|Bottom bracket:||SRAM DUB 73mm BSA|
|Crank:||SRAM GX Eagle DUB, SUPERBOOST+, 170mm, Direct Mount 32t, 56.5mm Chainline, Lunar|
|Rear derailleur:||SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd|
|Cassette:||SRAM XG-1275-B1 Eagle, 10-52T, 10,12,14,16,18,21,24,28,32,36,42,52|
|Seatpost:||Bike Yoke Revive, S:125mm, M: 160mm, L:185mm XL: 213mm|
|Saddle:||WTB Volt Pro|
|Shifters:||SRAM GX Eagle, 12spd|
|Chain:||SRAM GX Eagle w/ Powerlock|