Seamless speed takes new meaning with Le HoudiniAssos has taken their maniacal obsession with patterning and textile engineering to new heights, bringing you the fastest speed suit yet.
As the third member to join the S9 generation, Le Houdini has been engineered from the ground up, with the primary objective centered on giving you that perfect balance between targeted support and slippery speed. The approach Assos took began by examining the suit as an entire system, first with the lower half.
The A-Lock Engineering was employed - a new bracing system comprising proprietary textiles and tech that work together to stabilize the shorts and secure the insert in place. Just two panels are used, with a primary “butterfly” panel fully wrapping the legs and converging in the rear to form the new ergoBox structure. This design effectively frames the insert in place and provides you with an ultra-comfortable wrap on your legs using Type.441 textile, a 40-guage warp knit developed specifically for compressive hold and silky comfort.
In the insert department Assos applied the new mod.Dep S9, evolved from the proven Equipe Evo. Assos reduced the overall footprint to shed additional weight, employed superAir microShock foam with 3D waffle, incorporated kraterCooler system to increase airflow up front, and took additional measures to anchor the insert at the rear with their patented horizontal stabilizer.
Up top Assos applied the proven circular knit miniCheck Tex, which is a highly elastic 3D knit fabric that’s been specifically developed with breathability and moisture transfer in mind. At the rear, Assos have incorporated Stabilizer textile, which secures the jersey with its limited vertical-stretch composition, especially when the pockets are loaded up. The aggressive position speed-focused riders take also informed their material choice for the new raw + bonded sleeves, yoke, and pockets, which needed to be as buttery smooth and flexible as possible. The fine-gauge warp knit Push Pull textile was just the ticket, providing you with high UV protection (UPF 50+) along with its quick-drying, bi-stretch properties.
Bringing the suit together is the new ultralight triple-slider zipper, which allows you to keep the chest-to-neck section sealed up, i.e., drag free, while still opening the lower section for extra airflow.
Features of the Lehoudini RS Aero RoadSuit S9
- aeeroFit: The trimmest, speed-focused cut that’s tighter and more compressive than the racingFit. May feel restrictive out of the riding position but feels like a second skin while riding.
- A-Lock Engineering: S9 racingFit system comprising new textiles and technologies working in harmony to stabilize the shorts and secure the insert in place.
- Butterfly Pattern: The primary textile panel fully wrapping the lower back and legs, coming together in the rear. Fewer seams leads to a more uniform hold, less weight, and greater comfort.
- Type.441: A patented 40-guage warp knit, developed specifically for compressive hold and silky comfort. 200g/m2, UPF 50+, moisture wicking (idroFil fastDry), iceColor, odorControl, and extremely durable.
- ergoBox: A square pattern construction that effectively frames the insert in the back, boxing it in for added stability.
- Ultralight Leg Grippers: A light silicon treatment woven into the leg bands, which reduces fabric bulk and secures the shorts in place without any excessive pressure.
- mod.Dep S9 Basalt: Antibacterial microfiber booster top sheet in 3D basalt colorway. Pays homage to the lava stone that gives strength, stability, and courage.
- superAir microShock foam: A lightweight open cell foam with a shock absorbing composition that returns to its original position, filling the gap every time pedaling position is changed in the saddle through the shift of weight.
- 3D waffle: A patented, three-layer perforated foam that increases breathability and eliminates excess weight.
- Surface Reduction Design: Insert footprint reduced from previous Equipe Evo pattern to shed extra grams.
- goldenGate: A patented technology that interrupts the stitching along both of the insert’s side panels, allowing a more three-dimensional freedom of movement in this sensitive, rotational area.
- Horizontal Stabilizer: A patented central stitch that secures the rear of the insert to the outer textile, eliminating shifting while pedaling out of the saddle.
- kraterCooler: System of small holes in the front of the insert that increases airflow so that your sensitive areas are kept cooler.
- miniCheck Tex: Open 3D knit fabric that has truly exceptional breathability. Quick drying and super light. UPF 25 despite weighing so little. Built-in odorControl for durability and hygiene.
- Push Pull: The pockets and sleeves are made of the Assos-developed Push Pull warp-knit textile with high UV protection (UPF 50+). Highly breathable, this fine gauge knit with bi-stretch is quick drying and very comfortable.
- Stabilizer: Featherweight but strong material, perfect for creating a cooling panel on the back of the jersey. Maintains stability and alignment - and has UPF30 - despite its minimal weight and volume.
- Triple Ramp Pockets: The storage design with three textile-lidded pockets optimally located for ease of access; security and stability guaranteed. Earphones hole in right pocket; micro-perforated bonded reflex for visibility.
- Mesh Radio Pocket: Sewn into yoke/back seam for accessible yet out-of-the-way placement.
- Falken Cut: Assos exclusive triangulated pattern on the abdominal area for ultra-smooth wrap.
- Triple-Slider Zipper: Bonded zipper allows you to keep the chest-to-neck section sealed up, i.e., drag free, while still opening the lower section for extra airflow.
- Raw Cut + Bonded Sleeves: Smooth wrap front with bonded rear strikes the best balance between comfort and stability.