Zipp Service Course Stem 31.8mm 6°
Zipp 3D forges the Service Course Stem from 6061 aluminum.
This forging process aligns the grain structure of the aluminum, giving the material strength that allows for a thin-walled final structure and smooth shaping that complements today's sculpted carbon frames. Zipp uses durable stainless steel TORX head bolts on the stem to provide consistent, precise torque readings, and the bolts are more difficult to strip than traditional hex-head bolts when making pre-race adjustments.
The Service Course Alloy Stem is offered in a range of seven sizes from 70 to 130mm in 10mm increments. Each length is available in two angle options — the ±6 option is ubiquitous these days, but the ±25 models remind us of a bygone era where stems were dead flat and oh-so pro. It has a 31.8mm clamp diameter and is a perfect match for Zipp handlebars, and the 1-1/8" steerer clamp has a stack height of 41mm.
- Strength, stiffness, and reliability in one stem
- 3D-forged construction 6061 alloy resists flex and is lightweight
- Torx-head stainless steel hardware is less likely to strip
- T25 wrench included for installation
- Large faceplate offers easier installation and further boosts stiffness
- Available in +/- 6 and +/- 25 degree options